Find Us: 300 London Road, West Croydon, Surrey, CR0 2TG | Pharmacy Enquiries: 0208 684 1352 | OOH Emergency: 0785 2245 952
The (EPS) Electronic Prescription Service is a means of transferring electronic prescriptions from your GP practice to a pharmacy. This means that you no longer have to go to your GP to get your prescription – you can just come straight to us! Sign up today for our reliable electronic prescription service and quick prescription delivery in West Croydon.
You can decide on the pharmacy or dispenser that will manage all your prescriptions. This is called nominating a pharmacy. The prescriptions will then be electronically sent to them by your GP. With an electronic prescription, you don’t need a paper prescription to collect your medicines or appliances.
Every time you get a prescription, you can choose where you would like it to be dispensed.
If you are on regular prescriptions or are currently using a prescription collection service (in which a pharmacy takes the responsibility of collecting your prescriptions from your GP practice), then choosing the pharmacy to manage all your prescriptions is time-saving.
Once you’ve signed up, simply order your prescription and your medication will be transferred electronically to the pharmacy or dispenser of your choice.
Therefore, a paper repeat prescription from your GP practice will no longer be necessary.
You will be able to cancel or change your choice of pharmacy or dispenser should you feel the need to. Just talk to your pharmacist or GP prior to making your next prescription order.
You should give enough time for the update to take effect in order to avoid any complications in your next prescription.
There are many benefits that come with using a prescription delivery service. You get the ability to access your medicine from home or the workplace. Here is why having prescriptions delivered to you is the best choice:
After an injury, surgery, or sickness, moving around can cause more pain and discomfort. That’s when a prescription delivery service comes in handy.
Fewer forgotten doses
Using a prescription delivery service allows you to schedule the delivery in advance. This enables you not to miss or forget any dose. We will even send you reminders when your next repeat is due!
Sometimes, it’s not easy to make time to pick up your medications. Having your medicines delivered can save you time as you go about your business.
Free NHS prescriptions may be available if, at the time the prescription is dispatched, you:
– Are 60 years old or over.
– Are pregnant or have given birth in the last 12 months with a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx). Maternity exemption certificates are similar to credit cards in terms of size. You can talk to your midwife, doctor, or healthcare provider about applying for a maternity exemption certificate. The certificate will be valid for up to 12 months after the delivery of your baby.
– Suffer from a specified medical condition, with a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx).
– Are an NHS inpatient.
– Have a long-term physical disability that doesn’t allow you to go out without assistance from somebody else, and have a valid MedEx
– Have a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for a legally accepted disability.
– Are under 16 years old.
– Are 16-18 years old and in full-time education.
You’re also eligible for free prescriptions if you or your partner receives (inclusive of your civil partner), or you’re below 20 years of age and depend on a person receiving:
– Income-based Job seeker’s Allowance
– Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
– Income Support
– Universal Credit and meet the criteria
– Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
It’s best that you order your prescription a few days before you need it. This will allow us ample time to prepare and approve it. We will also have enough time to deliver the prescription to you.
Nominate Shivas Pharmacy and get your prescriptions quickly and efficiently. You can also contact us for more information.